Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sushi Shin

Being in Hong Kong for 2 years..I started accumulating a small restaurant bucket list :) Kenjo's has always been on my "Must try before I die" list ;) and Sushi Shin, is of no exception. It's the brain child of Kenjo. 3 apprentices originally from Kenjo flew the coop and went and opened Sushi Shin. Confused? Me too...

So, one beautiful Saturday afternoon, my anxious and trembling stomach was fortunate enough to finally cross Sushi Shin off my "try before I die" list! :)  (Coming for you HK!) Sushi Shin really is a hidden jewel nestled in the ever, expanding "foodie' haven of Tai Hung. It's a tiny, quaint, and authentic Japanese restaurant (easily missed, if you walk too fast). Lets begin!

Steamed egg soup :) This is my favorite way to start any Japanese meal. The steamed egg dish was layered with lots of fresh veggies, piping hot, and literally melts in your mouth
Lunch set :) There's sweet shrimp (Botan ebi ), sea urchin (uni), and...scallop, was it?? Over a bed of seaweed and steaming hot rice!
I got scallops (moist and sweet), uni (fresh, hearty portion :D), and.....
Im gonna say this is...tuna? ;) It's been a while! My memories are a tad foggy. Whatever. Everything tasted fresh, juicy and perfect.
Otoro.....Fatty tuna is possibly my absolute favorite thing to devour. Otoro is the under-belly part of tuna. The fattiest part of the fish, (which also makes it the most delicious part of the fish). It's fat, juicy, rich and melt in your mouth goodness. Life is amazing.
Miso Soup. Light, cleansing & refreshing. I finished it before I could snap a picture. I'm sure y'all know how it looks like ;)
The meal's not over yet......
Black Sesame Ice Cream. If you know me, well. I'm a creature of habit. Black sesame and actually anything goes hand in hand :) I love this stuff. It's my go to chinese dessert too!
 I really wanted to try the "yuzu" flavor...so the waitress was nice enough to bring us a small portion. It was more like a sorbet, refreshing, tangy and light! :) But..black sesame ice cream WINS hands down.
I ended up finishing both black sesame ice cream ( Super glad you don't enjoy sweets)...Hey, their loss, my gain! ;)

A really enjoyable lunch and chat. Thank you :) Sushi Shin has exceptional Japanese food, though at a price. Can't wait to cross Kenjo off my list. I'm coming for ya!

Sushi Shin (鮨辰) 2398 8000
Shop 1-2, Ground Floor
Wing Hing Court
110-114 Tung Lo Wan Road
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong



<3 Always, Jess

3 comments:

  1. I just realized after reading this that I have tried Kenjo (about a year ago...) the lunch set was pretty good and the sashimi is really fresh there as well! definitely give it a try if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice health food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVEEEEEEEEEE sushi!!!! i really want some now!

    ReplyDelete